🇺🇸**July 2024 Check-In**🇺🇸

There's a few ways. On the main page scroll down a bit and it will show park hours and an option to click to see today's showtimes. Another way is to use the three lines on the right, then scroll down for park hours. Another option is the map icon on the bottom, and then on the map page filter by entertainment on the top drop down menu.
Thanks so much!

FYI - In addition to the DL ticket and hotel promos released today, check with your offsite hotel. Someone previously posted about a 20% off summer promo at Camelot and Tropicana. I was able to save over $400 for our July 4th trip by rebooking our hotel room!

As much as I want to stay onsite with the incredible rates, we cannot give up the significantly cheaper offsite rate plus the multi-room suite that we could not afford onsite. I also found the availability onsite to be extremely limited, mostly being DLH standard rooms.

Post 2 updated to reflect these newly announced closures beginning July 8th:

Hungry Bear Restaurant: July 8th - TBD
Davey Crockett's Explorer Canoes: July 8th - TBD
Bridge from New Orleans Square to Galaxy’s Edge: July 8th - TBD

The train is scheduled to remain open, with New Orleans Square Station still closed.

Yay for the extra savings at Camelot and Tropicana!! We booked at Tropicana. I’ve also heard the CCI rates have gone down too. I believe I read that here. Always worth a look to see if rates have gone down.

We just bought our special 3 day tickets from undercover tourist. Saved a bit from buying direct at Disneyland. Already loaded them up and booked our park reservations!!! Love saving money. ☺️

Hello all! My family and I (DH, DS 15, DD 11) will be staying at the GCH July 7-10th and then changing to offsite hotel (Sonesta ES Suites Anaheim Resort Area) until the 13th. We are doing a 3 day Park Hopper with Genie+. Since we have EE, we'll do Monday at DCA and Tuesday and DL. We'll take a break on Wednesday with switching hotels and probably go to the beach. Thursday I am conflicted. I want to start in DL, but it is an EE morning there and not sure how that will affect rope drop for those that don't have it. Right now I have a reservation for DCA on Thursday, but keep thinking of switching over to DL. What do you all think?

I never start at a park that has EE if I don't have EE because there will already be lines. We always do Fantasyland first at DL, so EE makes a big difference there since most of those rides don't have G+/LL. But it really just depends how important starting your last day at DL is. If you're not doing Fantasyland, it might not be bad to start at DL in an area that doesn't have EE where you'll be on more even footing, such as Adventureland and Frontierland (Indy, BTMRR).

Which attractions in DL will be most important to you that day? If those attractions have G+/LL, keep in mind that even though you start in DCA, you can still get DL G+/LLs from DCA as long as the return time is after 11, so that might be helpful.

I never start at a park that has EE if I don't have EE because there will already be lines. We always do Fantasyland first at DL, so EE makes a big difference there since most of those rides don't have G+/LL. But it really just depends how important starting your last day at DL is. If you're not doing Fantasyland, it might not be bad to start at DL in an area that doesn't have EE where you'll be on more even footing, such as Adventureland and Frontierland (Indy, BTMRR).

Which attractions in DL will be most important to you that day? If those attractions have G+/LL, keep in mind that even though you start in DCA, you can still get DL G+/LLs from DCA as long as the return time is after 11, so that might be helpful.
I agree, but I do always 1 more starting day at DL because we enjoy it there more. We plan to do things like Jungle Cruise on a starting day at DL when there's EE (and we don't have EE).

If you're not doing Fantasyland, it might not be bad to start at DL in an area that doesn't have EE where you'll be on more even footing, such as Adventureland and Frontierland (Indy, BTMRR).
That's a good idea that I could start with BTMRR, Indy since those are unavailable during EE.
I agree, but I do always 1 more starting day at DL because we enjoy it there more. We plan to do things like Jungle Cruise on a starting day at DL when there's EE (and we don't have EE).
That is how I feel. I feel there is more that we could do in DL instead of being "stuck" at DCA until 11am before we could hop.

I honestly never pay attention to where EE is on a given day. We usually start at DL 2 days and DCA 1 day on a 3 day trip. I am local with a Magic Key and honestly I book Disneyland as my starting park about 90% of the time. It just calls to me more.
The reality is, there are so few hotel guests at DLR it really doesn't matter. It's not like the old MM days when DL would be swamped that first hour.

Yes, I understand particularly for DL that Fantasyland will start congested on an EE day. There are some people who actually argue that the EE park is less crowded because all non-hotel guests book the non-EE park to start.

I'm not one of those people, but I also do start at least 1 time per trip at DL when it has EE and I don't. I do otherwise choose the non-EE park if I don't have it.

I always say that a day at DLR is not complete without spending significant time in DL park. I can spend a whole day in DL and not go to DCA and be happy, but something doesn't feel right until I've stepped foot in DL when I started in DCA. DCA is a great park, but it's not DL. Maybe this is because I grew up visiting DL before DCA existed, but it's the way I always feel even today!

I'm the same way. Although we usually have EE because we almost always stay at one of the DL hotels, I often forego a DCA EE in favor of DL, and will do that every time if our first day in the parks is a DCA EE day. We always close out the night on our last day at DL as well.

Well I went ahead and changed my Thursday to start at DL even though it is an EE. I feel better about having 2 days starting in DL instead of DCA. We'll still be doing DCA as our first park of the trip to participate in EE though since our first day is a Monday. At least we have park hoppers though so we can still make it into DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter